All Logos

All Logos
Greystone Hotels

Monday, April 23, 2012

Amanda Fietz New Employee of Greystone and The Bristol San Diego!

Amanda Fietz: BIO

First and foremost, thank you to the entire Greystone team for greeting me with such a warm welcome! It is has been a fabulous first few weeks at The Bristol and I couldn’t be more excited about growing with the company. Alison has asked that I write a quick “blurb” about myself, so here it is in a nutshell! :

To start - I grew up in the Temecula wine country, where my family has a 10 acre working strawberry farm.  I’m a runner, a surfer, a Yoga addict, a traveler, and a major foodie! I love good wine, good coffee, and dark chocolate. My family and friends are my highest priority, so I spend most of my free time with them.

My path to The Bristol began about six years ago, where I started my first job in hospitality at the front desk at The West Inn and Suites in Carlsbad (North San Diego County). From there, I moved up to Los Angeles, and worked through college at The Thompson Beverly Hills in Los Angeles. I then finished my schooling  at the Business and Commerce Academy at the Sorbonne in Paris, France, and moved back home to San Diego in 2009 with degree from UCLA in Linguistics and French, and a minor in Italian Studies. I was incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to live abroad in both Paris and Florence for a year combined, and over time became fluent in French and Italian. During this time, I discovered I suffered from a serious travel bug, and have made it a priority to satiate it ever since! In the past 3 years, I have travelled and backpacked through over 25 countries throughout Europe, Central and South America, and Asia. My best stories come from Bangladesh and Tibet.

After college, I returned to The West Inn and Suites, in Carlsbad, California where I worked as the assistant to the Director of Sales, with a focus on corporate travel and the SMERF market. I then moved onto The Grand Del Mar Resort in Del Mar, San Diego, where I developed my career and passion for hospitality for the next three years.  During my time at The Grand, I covered operations being a front desk agent, a reservations agent, to VIP concierge, to Executive Assistant for the President of Manchester Financial, and finally transitioning to the sales team. I then decided it was time to keep the momentum moving forward in sales, at which point I was introduced to Arlene and Greg, and the rest is history! My journey (although not very long!), has been both fun and interesting, and I am humbled to be where I am today at The Bristol Hotel.

Thank you all for allowing me to join the family of Greystone Hotels! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope to learn more about each and every one of you as well in the near future.


Thank you again for welcoming me to Greystone!

Amanda T. Fietz


Welcome to the Greystone Family Amanda!  We are so happy to have you on board!

1 comment:

  1. We are lucky to have you join our Bristol family! :) Deb

    ReplyDelete