All Logos

All Logos
Greystone Hotels

Monday, March 18, 2013

Bertrand Newson takes on the LA Marathon


Southern (California) Hospitality

By Bertrand Newson
 



On Sunday March 17th, I participated in the LA Marathon and had a great time from “start to finish”.   I want to thank Joel Majors and his outstanding staff at the Elan Hotel.  Joel went above and beyond as he picked me up from LAX early Saturday morning and accompanied me to the LA Convention Center where I picked up my race packet.  We then took nice tour of the downtown area (on foot) followed by a ride to the hotel.  Joel suggested the perfect Italian Restaurant (Sirena) for me and some of my fellow running mates to “carbo-load”.  My room was excellent and I managed to get a good night’s sleep The staff was very courtesy on race day morning with providing me with fresh fruit and a bagel @ 545AM long with arranging transportation to race starting line (Dodger Stadium.

The race itself was well organized and I was amazed by the amount of supporters that lined the streets cheering on the runners.  I was very fortunate to make a 52 minute over my previous marathon in July 2012 (SF).  There’s no doubt in my mind the overall hospitality I received from Joel and staff contributed to my improved race performance and overall experience while in Southern California!

There are fun/healthy events for all fitness levels going on all the time in your area (LA, SD, Palo Alto, Bend etc).  Active.com is a great website to find local fitness events and get really good tips on increasing your activity level and improving your overall health (less sick days, less injuries, more enjoyable time off, longer quality of life).

No comments:

Post a Comment